MIT SDM Conference on Systems Thinking for Contemporary Challenges. This year's focus is "Systems Thinking and Big Data: Going Beyond the Numbers."
Sponsored by the MIT System Design and Management (SDM) program, the event will highlight best practices for using systems thinking and big data to strategically deploy a company's technical and managerial resources.
SDM Executive Director Pat Hale will open the day by framing the challenges and the competitive imperative of using systems thinking in conjunction with big data. A "back to the classroom" session on systems dynamics will follow, led by SDM faculty member J. Bradley Morrison, Ph.D.
Speakers will include several SDM alumni who have risen to the top of the big data arena in their industries. They include:
- Troy Hamilton, SDM '97, CIO, NYSE Technologies, Infrastructure Solutions, NYSE Euronext
- Brian J. Ippolito, SDM '98, President and CEO, Orbis Technologies
- John Baker, SDM '07, Founding Member, The Data Sciences Group
- Sandro Catanzaro, SDM '04, Cofounder and Senior Vice President of Analytics and Innovation, DataXu
- Mona Vernon, SDM '09, Senior Director, Emerging Technologies, Thomson Reuters
- David Deitrich, Advisory Technical Education Consultant, Global Education Services, EMC
- Puneet Batra, Former Chief Data Scientist, Kyruus